So today was yet another hot day, and my mother-in-law (Ruth) and I went to visit one of her friends who has so many different rescues. She has 9 cats, a few owls, other birds, possums (the Australian kind, not the American opossum), and an Australian animal called a bandicoot. It was such a nice day today.
I know this is a controversial topic, since many Christians strictly believe in not wearing pants of any kind. Please, let us be focused on those things spiritual, first and foremost, and keep in mind that God cares much more about what is in the heart rather than what is on the body, so let's avoid starting trivial debates.
While this is true, the Bible does say that a heart that strives to please God will also strive to dress modestly. The Bible describes modesty as being covered in shame and humility, along with covering more tempting or private areas. It also says that a man should dress as a man, and a woman should dress as a woman. This is where a lot of people take it that women should not wear pants. However, when I wear pants, I make sure I am modest and covered, along with making sure I look feminine. There would be no mistaking me for a man. It all comes down to the fact that if we wished to dress as they did in the Bible, we would all be wearing robes, even men. God's focus is on our creating a good witness for others, and humbling ourselves before Him.
How I wear pants is how I know a lot of modest-minded women wear them. I wear tunics or mini-dresses over them. I am a tall girl, so I can get away with wearing what would be a dress on someone shorter than me as a tunic. I follow the same rule as many others, as long as it covers my bottom and some leg, it is modest. My legs are covered, and so is my backside. I feel modest and no negative shame when doing this.
That being said, I do not wear pants to church. I wear dresses and skirts to church, as I always dress up for church and want to look my best for the Lord as His witness.
Here is what I wore this hot day, and how I tried to stay cool!
The top is from an op shop, the capris as well, and the little pink kimono from Kohl's.
It was a minimal makeup day, just some BB cream and that's it.

That is how I wear pants aswell. I just don't get it why some women think it's ok to attack other godly, Christian women for wearing pants. We are all here for one purpose! To serve the LORD!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! Thank you for viewing my blog!
Delete