Thursday, October 8, 2015

From a Day on the Farm to an Evening in the City...

For those of you who don't know, my husband and I are currently living in Australia, my husband's home country. I am American, a more "southern," traditional Christian type of a person. I am from upstate NY, but the majority of my mom's side of the family was born and raised in the sunny state of Georgia. So, naturally, a Bible-totin', skirt-wearin' country gal doesn't exactly fit in super well here, a more modern city of 2 million people. Thankfully, we have the amazing gift of living on a farm with my husband's parents temporarily, as we await my husband's American spouse visa. Even though we live in the suburbs of such a large city, Perth, my mother-in-law is very much so a country girl herself, so she prefers to live in the more rural areas. We have 2 thoroughbred horses, 2 miniature horses, 4 adult kangaroos, 6 cats, a bunny, and our newest addition to the family, a rescued baby kangaroo.

Due to living on a farm with a lot of dirty, hands-on work, sometimes, my wardrobe has to be sensible along with stylish...

Usually my go-to shoes around the farm are a pair of muck boots or work boots, however, since today was one of the rare days we had to go into the city, I opted for a pair of gold ballet flats, something you'll likely see a lot of along with boots. The reason being, I don't actually own a lot of shoes here, since when I came, I could only take the pair on my feet and a new, unworn pair of flip flops due to customs.

Without further ado, here is my farm to city outfit! :)

I chose a white, lacy top, with a plaid button-down shirt as a jacket, with a slightly below the knee length denim skirt. My makeup was simple today, just some purple-brown eyeshadow, black liner on the upper lid, with subtle contouring and pink gloss. Apologies for the brows, threading is my usual go-to brow clean-up, and I have super sensitive skin so I tend to procrastinate on it a bit. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment